I am your coach
Find out about me
Teaching is my passion, but not only that
Hi, I'm Marcela Harrisberger, I'm a Language Coach and a Teacher Trainer.
Teaching is my passion. I'm proud to say that I go the extra mile to help my students achieve their learning goals. I never stop improving my professional skills, I never miss the chance to learn something new and I always employ start-of-the-art techniques (including discoveries from cognitive science and coaching tools) in my classes to promote better outcomes.
Why am I different from other teachers?
I believe everyone is unique and has something particular to offer. For a long time, I looked for ways to improve my students' learning outcomes by enhancing my knowledge on methodology and classroom techniques. Of course these aspects matter, but there's nothing more important than the learners' own engagement in the process. That's why I started studying how the mind works, how memories are stored, the importance of memory retrieval, how to develop sustainable self-study habits and keep a high motivation to continuously move towards the learning goal. As a coach, I can apply tools and techniques in my classes and trainings that allow me to reach more long-lasting learning results because they are not only focused on the classroom work, but mainly on what is done outside it. As the 70:20:10 Model for Learning, only 10% of learning occurs in formal training sessions, 20% comes from peer interaction and 70% comes from doing the job, in our case, using the language. In this sense, the best I can do is to inspire people and show them how to practice at home efficiently to achieve their learning goals. And this is something not all teachers are wired to do. That's my differential
- Qualified English Teacher, certified by Cambridge (CELTA Certificate)
- Professional Language Coach certified by Sociedade Latino Americana de Coaching
- Post-graduation in People Management
- Post-graduation in Educational Psychology
- BA in Communication
- Online Language Coach – students all around the globe
- Teacher Trainer (online and face-to-face)
- English Teacher at the Volkshochschule
- Director of Studies at Yázigi (a renowned language school in Brazil owned by Pearson)
Recent/future workshops and trainings
- IATEFL Annual Conference – Manchester – April 2020 – Smart Practice – Cognitive science and coaching working together to improve learning
- MVHS – Munich – March 2020 – Coaching students to success – classroom tools and techniques
- MELTA – Munich – March 2020 – Smart Practice – Cognitive science and coaching working together to improve learning
- ELTAS – Stuttgart – January 2020 – Smart Practice – Cognitive science and coaching working together to improve learning
- BESIG – Berlin – October 2019 – HOT questions to avoid the illusion of competence
- IATEFL Annual International Conference – Liverpool – April 2019 – Coaching students to success – classroom tools and techniques
- BESIG – Iasi – November 2018 – A Project Management method to improve performance
Learning is not compulsory; it's voluntary. Improvement is not compulsory; it's voluntary. But to survive, we must learn.
W. Edwards Deming
Contact: +49 (0) 157 8829-6932